Friday, March 28, 2014

Lots of change

It's been a while since I've posted anything relating to much of anything so I thought I'd try to start a new series of posts.

First things first,


  • Bitcoin has had a great run the past year or so. However the largest exchange Mt Gox has gone bankrupt. I knew this was going to happen and if I hadn't been so lazy you would have seen the video "Stop Using MtGox" some months prior to this event. 
  • I'm now a licensed Amateur Radio Operator (or Ham Radio Operator). I have had my license since October 2013. I took the Technician test and went for the General after passing the Tech test and got both. So I started out on a good footing with it. I'm learning a whole lot about radio and how things work and giving me a better grasp on wifi and antenna design. I expect a lot of my posts will be about what I'm doing in Amateur Radio
  • Servers, I've been working to shut down my hosting account and I have a grandfathered google apps for business so I'm moving everything over to that as I'm tired of the spam. I bought myself a nice IBM server that is now a VM server I run from my house. I bought it with Bitcion actually through a friend. 
  • Just bought my first 4x4 truck and hoping to do a lot of back woods camping with it. At some point I'll be attempting to build myself my own truck camper, but for now we're just going to settle for a tent that fits into the truck bed.
So there is a quick update as to what I've been up to over the last few months (year?).


No comments:

Post a Comment