Friday, July 1, 2011

Mining becoming impractical?

So I finally did my calculations this morning and this is what is currently projected when difficulty increases on the 6th


CoinsDollars
per Day฿0.38$5.76
per Week฿2.69$40.33
per Month฿11.68$175.15

Difficulty should increase to about 1571212.0. So it is possible that my mining days are not yet over... However I do feel that it is no longer profitable to mine bitcoins in any fashion now if you are new to the game. My goal has been to get about 10 bitcoins then stop. I will most likely end up mining namecoins a lot more now though.

I keep wanting to come up with some type of side business dealing in bitcoin but I just can't think of anything good, or that someone hasn't already done yet, or that will take a lot of programming time. Programming time isn't an issue for me though its more for the fact that when I have an idea and finally get it working I find someone else has already written it up.

However, I do have a small project that I'm working on and would be interested in some feedback and perhaps a few testers. So if you're interested please post in the comments below and I will try to contact you.

1 comment:

  1. how much does electricity and added air conditioning costs factor into your equation?

    ReplyDelete