Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Time for my yearly update

It's kind of odd I go through these spurts where I don't write anything then feel like I need to update my blog again. 

So this year 2016 has gone a lot better so far than 2015 has for me. Health wise I feel like I've gotten over my depressive slump but it has been a long road with that. I'm off the stupid anti-depressants and on prescription dopamine. Since I have PKU my body can't produce it so I'm having minor Parkinson's like symptoms. It's greatly improved my mood, motivation, and fatigue issues that I have. The whole point of a low pro PKU diet is to avoid brain damage. I had an MRI and my brain doesn't have any damage, which is quite important as 93% of PKU adults have some form of physical brain damage. So whatever I'm doing is going right.

I no longer where where I used to, after they asked me to watch a guy pee in a cup for a drug test when I'm IT it was time for me to go. I had already applied for another job and ended up getting that so I'm now in a much better position and the important thing is I'm working with a team doing some of the same kind of stuff I always do. I can't ever focus on one thing and end up doing a bunch of various different tasks even though I'm now a Programmer Analyst. It's more like a sysadmin position but whatever. 

Dayton is coming up and I'll be going to it again this year, I wasn't sure if I wanted to and I'm hoping my joints all function so I can avoid some bone pain. I'm looking at getting a proper antenna, rather than a homebrew since I can't seem to make them quite right and don't have the tools to do so. Then I'm also looking at an antenna tuner as another option. 

Anyway signing off for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment