Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Believe it when I see it...

...so yesterday I didn't have anything major to tell you about my mining. The market has stablized around 18 to $20 per btc. However today a few things are occuring difficulty is set to increase to almost double making my mining at 620 mhash only produce .71 of a coin a day. Today though I've decided to mine namecoins as it has doubled over night from .04 to .08 to exchange for bitcions. That means it takes about 14-15 namecoins to equal a bit coin and I can mine about 40 a day. Makes more sense mathematically. Eventually it will hit 1 for 1 parity with a BTC I suspect.

However, the believe it when I see it comment comes from this article http://www.observer.com/2011/06/bit-omoney-whos-behind-the-bitcoin-bubble/ in which Wagner the guy that created bitcoinme.com says that by the end of the month Bitcoin will be $100, and by the end of the year it will be $10,000. Now with that in mind namecoin becomes rather enticing for right now but thinking about it if parity is reached who's going to pay $10,000 to register a .bit domain?

I generally have a hop around make a few namecoins make a few bitcoins back and forth. So as I as I said difficulty is set to increase soon. Like in less than 10 blocks so we'll see how it affects the price. Price and difficulty are typically not linked however I feel just like a stock that is about to split it creates a psychological connection and that's what drives up price.

No comments:

Post a Comment