Thursday, June 9, 2011

A new day of mining.

Well I got my new video card and set it up last night to begin mining. I had some issues with it playing APB, but that game is so buggy. I tried EVE but didn't undock but didn't see any major issues. I started out by not updating the drivers and I was getting around 280 mhash/s using the guiminer. Tried some switches and didn't really see much of a major improvement. At this point I think is when APB crashed after a little while. I don't know if the switches themselves changes the cards settings until reboot or not.



Anyway I turned my PC off for the night to let any outstanding balance with Slush's Pool catch up. This morning I started at about 7:00AM and have been mining at about 270 to 280mhash/s. According to the calculator this should get me about roughly .5 coins per day. Which is pretty good so that's about $15 a day at current rates since we're at $31ish to the BTC. So started at 7, with 0 and now at about 9:45 I'm at about .28 BTC. Going to leave it running for the rest of the day. I'll be home at about 6:30 so that will be almost 12 hours worth of mining. Should give me a good basis for projecting income.

Also as a note I haven't installed the second card as I don't have enough plugs in my PC for power to the 2nd card. So I may end up buying a new power supply unit that can accommodate the card along with the extra draw on power.

No comments:

Post a Comment