Monday, June 13, 2011

What a rollercoaster

This weekend many things occurred in the bitcoin world. Especially on my end. I got so involved in it this Saturday that I kept refreshing almost every 15 minutes to see where my coins were at. The introduction of namecoins got me thinking that mathematically I should be mining those as I could transfer them for more bitcions. However the price of bitcion was pretty good at about 31 on Friday. Well as I'm panicking over which to mine the market takes a big tumble fueling my desperation and indecision. I ended up switching back and forth from a bitcoin pool, to a mining pool, to try and distract myself playing games. Nothing seemed to work. I ended up calming down on Sunday though and I think I'm alright for now. I'm most likely going to be mining BTC until difficulty gets to be too much then I will switch to namecoin.

Today is kind of interesting I'm having heat problems with my PC that I was not having earlier in the week. The temp outside started in the 70s and didn't hit the 80s/90s till later in the afternoon. The temp on my video card climbed to about 80C today, but what I find odd is earlier in the week when it was high 90s the video card temp was reasonable at about 70 degrees C. So I've lowered my GPU speed to allow the temperature to go to my acceptable level. Also I think what might be an issue is I hooked up one of the two front fans in my case I forgot to plug in. I think I may have installed this backwards as one side is blowing in cool air from outside the case and the other seems to be sucking out warm air. So I think I'm defeating my purpose and not getting a good airflow over the card.

Right now the market (according to mtgox) is between 19-20$/BTC. So not too bad just not as high as it was in the past. Also difficulty is expected to go up, which will cut my mining ability almost in half. I've ordered a new 850w powersupply to hopefully allow me to get my 2nd 6950 in and get at least a day of mining at the current difficulty but it is increasing fast.

Anyway that's my update for the day, I may change the title of the blog from my bitcoin log since I also want to comment about other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment